Monday, August 1, 2011

Frustrated and Ranting

As many of you know, Pat has gotten a job. He works for a temp agency, part time, however, it is in the field that he's wanting to pursue. He works 6pm-midnight Monday through Friday. We had two problems with that, 1. I am finishing up my last quarter of school and I have class from 6pm-10pm on Mondays and Wednesdays: a. we have to find a sitter and b. we only have one car. So, our options have been to drop Pat off at work, drop the kids off at my parents, go to school, pick up the kids, pick pat up at midnight (with the kids) and come home OR someone pick me up from school and bring me home. Out of all the people that always told us "oh, just take whatever job you can get" (which we've done), not one of them have stepped up and offered help. People LOVE giving input into our situation but they don't thoroughly think things through. I'm not complaining or whining, I just find it INCREDIBLY frustrating that so many people want to offer advice but not help. We have been incredibly blessed with three different couples that are helping us out without us even asking. They haven't offered any "advice" or looked down on us, they simply stepped in and helped and for them we are beyond grateful. I hope that someday whenever we can fully get back on our feet and are able to help out others that we show the same graciousness. We are hoping that the education that Pat and I have obtained helps us to land jobs that allows us to be a blessing to others as much as these three couples have been a blessing to us. I hope that the next time someone needs help that I don't just offer "advice".

I try to always remember the golden rule. My mom always told me "don't dish out what you can't take" and that has forever stuck with me. I know I am not perfect and I am not claiming to be, I am sure that there has been numerous times that I have given "advice" where help was what was needed. However, think of how much better the world would be if they followed this verse and we all loved our neighbors as more than ourselves.

“Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." (Matt 7:12 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment