Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm at it again

So I started exercising and dieting this week (as in yesterday). I figured it's a good time because yesterday was the 14th and Pat and I graduate in exactly 3 months!!! I also figured since he gave me a wii fit for my birthday that he's tired of me being fat ;o) So, now that I have realized my motivation for losing this weight and toning my body, trying to eat better and all that good stuff, maybe I'll actually stick to it this time. It's so easy to get busy and lose sight of the goal, but my body is not my own, it's on loan from God and I realize that I haven't taken care of it. "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. This verse has been sticking out to me and I've memorized it. In the actual context it is talking about sexual immorality but it works for keeping your body fit, too. Pat and I were watching Scrubs not too long ago and something that was said on there and I've heard a thousand times is "nothing worth having comes easy". Getting out of bed to work out is not my idea of fun, but something has to be sacraficed if I want to have a more toned (and less fat) body. I am 2 years (from today) away from being 30 and I've heard that once you hit 30 it is even harder to lose weight. My goal is to lose 50-65 pounds in 2 years. I am making smaller achievable goals within those two years to try to make my goal more attainable. So far, so good, both diet and exercising has been going great.

No comments:

Post a Comment