Sunday, December 19, 2010

UPDATE






Friday morning I went to put a diaper on Alaina and she informed me that she needed to go potty. "okay!!!" was my reply. She'd done this many times before and never actually did anything but she liked to sit on the potty and I wasn't going stop her. Anyway, so she actually went and I was SUPER excited! I asked her if she wanted to wear underwear and her reply, "I want to wear ungerwears!!" with a huge smile on her face. We've since had undies on everyday since and she's only had 2 accidents...one the first day and then one today (she fell asleep in the car and accidently went). I am sooooo proud of her. It could be because I told her that Santa Claus wouldn't bring her any presents if she didn't start going on the potty. I know that sounds like bad parenting, but really it was just that she kept getting really bad diaper rashes and I felt bad for her. I knew the only way to get rid of the rashes was to get rid of the diapers.

Today we went to church, get our haircut, and to the mall and she didn't have one single accident while we were out (until she fell asleep, but that's okay!). I am so glad that we didn't try to force our kids to potty train before they were ready!

On another note, yesterday we went to Mizzou to see Pat's youngest sister graduate with her bachelor's degree. She graduated with a BS in chemical engineering, pretty cool! Other than that, we're just getting anxious for Christmas to get here. Declan informed me the other night that we need to leave out cookies and milk, "because that's what Santa REALLY likes". It's so much fun watching their excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment