Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Winter







So for us, December is typically the busiest month of the year and this year is no exception. We have my dad, Pat's dad, Pat's step-mom, my grandma and Alaina's Birthdays all this month. That doesn't include Christmas, New Years, our anniversary and then all the Christmas programs and parties that we get invited to. I have to say that even though this is the busiest time of year for us, it's also the best. I LOVE Christmas time. I love it when it snows and everything is covered in a glistening white snow. It seems so magical and beautiful. Overall people seem happier and more cheerful and it's a great time for kids, too. I love seeing how excited my kids get on Christmas morning. Every Christmas, since Declan's been born, my parents come over on Christmas morning and we open gifts and we have breakfast and then we spend the rest of the afternoon with Pat's family. It's such a relaxing and fun time to the end of a year.

Last night we got our first snow of the year and the kids were SUPER excited about it. They wanted to go out and play so we dug out the boots from last year, bought them some snow suits and let them have a blast! They loved every minute of it! Hopefully it snows some more so we can actually take them sledding!!! Yesterday, since Pat worked, we went to see santa and then spent the afternoon with my mom and dad. Luckily we went to church last night so we didn't have to get out this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment