Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's coming to an end...

summer that is. Since Pat and I don't take off school during the summer months, it doesn't seem that difficult for us to jump into the "school season". I've been keeping busy with doing photo shoots and babysitting 2 little boys. I have one of them 5 days a week and the other one 3 days a week. Declan has 2 1/2 weeks until he starts school and also until he turns 5. I can't believe he's 5 already. I can still remember things from when I was 5 years old and it just amazes me that the age he is now, he will be able to remember certain things even into adulthood. He's such a fun and loving son, but lately he has had a very difficult time listening. I find myself getting very frustrated and annoyed when I repeat myself 5 times.
On another note, I believe Pat will be finished with school in March and I'll be finished in June and I'm hoping to get Alaina in preschool next year. We have to get her potty trained first which seems to be the last thing on her mind. We've tried everything we could think of but as the doctor said with Declan, it's the one thing they can control so you can't push them to do it. Declan got to go to his friend's birthday party this last weekend and had so much fun. They had a pinata, slip n slide, mini pool, and of course cupcakes which Declan had 3 of.
I on the other hand had a girls night out. We went to dinner, and then to the muny to see footloose, and then to the chocolate bar in lafayette square. It was fun, we got lost on the way there, the show was very disappointing, and I got a speeding ticket and then somewhere in between I ripped my contact and didn't have any extras or my glasses with me. The show started at 8:15 and we finished eating at 7:00 in St. Peters, so without thinking I got on Highway 70, and the directions I had were from 40. So, Megan got directions on her phone and passed them to Crystal who was in the front seat and we were all taking, I got my ticket, and then we missed our exit, so Megan had to get new directions. By this time we were down by the arch and we had to navigate around downtown St. Louis to figure out how to get back to 40 so that we could get to Forest Park. We finally got to 40 and then the exit the directions were telling us to take was not there. I am assuming with all the construction they recently did to 40, the exits have changed. So we got off at a different exit and just followed the signs by the zoo. We got to the Muny about 20 minutes late and we were ready to leave by the intermission. This production had ONE set for the ENTIRE seemed pretty pathetic. However, it was great hanging out with some friends and I can't wait to have another girls night...this time I'm not driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment