Monday, November 7, 2011

24 days

My kids are doing a thing at church where they have a sheet they have to fill out for 24 days. Each day they have to write something they're thankful for and then on Thanksgiving they can turn it in. Tonight while I was helping them with theirs I thought "hmm, maybe I should do this, too!" Psalm 107:1 states "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his love endures forever". What a better way to celebrate this holiday than to think of everything I am thankful for. I will enter a new post for each day from here on out, but since I am 7 days behind, I'll list all 7 on here.

1. I am thankful for Jesus and the sacrifice he paid so that I can be saved.
2. I am thankful for my husband, over the past 10 years he has become my closest and best friend.
3. I am thankful for my children, even though they can drive me nuts, nothing makes me smile more than seeing their faces!
4. I am thankful for music. It speaks to me in so many ways (I just wish I was more musically talented)
5. I am thankful for amazing friends. You know, the ones that aren't afraid to tell you the truth, even if it's not what you want to hear.
6. I am thankful for the opportunity to constantly learn new things, knowledge and wisdom can never be taken from you.
7. I am thankful for the house that we live in...before we lived here we were on the 3rd story of an apartment building and with all the tornadoes we had this year, I was grateful we were in a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment