Monday, June 21, 2010

Lots going on

So, as mentioned before Pat got a job and started last Friday. I have put in my 2 weeks at Sams so July 1 will be my last day! Declan and I are doing a market research thing tomorrow on toys. I will get cash and he gets a toy for doing it! So here is our busy schedule for this week, keep in mind we only have one car however thanks to my parents they are letting me borrow their extra car. So, here it is: Don't forget to mix in laundry, taking care of the kids, keeping the house clean, and studying for a test.

Monday: Pat works 9-6, I had to be at work in chesterfield by 5:30 and work until close
Tuesday: Pat works 9-6, Declan and I doing market research at 10:30-12, Pat goes to school 6-10 pm, and I am making dinner for my dad as a belated father's day gift.
Wednesday: Pat works 9-6, I have to be in Florissant for my class at 6 to take a test :o(
Thursday: Pat works 9-6, I work 5:30-close
Friday: Pat works 9-6, we have to get up, take him to work, I'm leaving the kids with a sitter and then picking Pat up from work and going straight downtown for the Michael Buble concert (FREE!)
Saturday: I work 7-3:30, come home, we go to church at 4:30
Sunday: REST

Next week we are off of school and I only work on Thursday and then i'll be a full-time stay at home mommy once again. It's nice now that we have a house and can get outside and play in the sprinkler or the little pool. Also I got my butt back into gear today with my workout routine. I took two weeks off pretty much (I did my exercise about 4 days in 2 weeks...sad, I know). So, right now I'm at an 11.8 pound weight loss over 8-10 weeks. Eight weeks if you count all the weeks I stuck to the routine and exclude the weeks I didn't, and 10 weeks if you include the weeks I didn't work out. Anyway, at one point I was down 15 pounds, so I need to get back on track. We have decided that once we're finished with the 90 days that we're going to start all over again.

Other than that, I was thinking this morning while I was making breakfast for the kids. Declan always likes to compare himself to Alaina, especially when she's getting in trouble and he's not doing what she's getting in trouble for. For example, this morning she spilled some milk on the table and instead of wiping it up she was playing in it so I got after her and Declan chimed in "I'm not playing in milk on the table" with a big smile on his face. I couldn't help but think how many times we do this to God. We think oh, yeah we sin, but it's not as bad as that person over there. Really the only person we should be comparing ourselves to is Jesus and we need to learn from our mistakes and try to be more like him. It amazes me how frequently my kids do things that can totally put God's love for us in perspective. As much as it drives me crazy to hear Declan pat himself on the back for not "being as bad as Alaina," I wonder how God handles it when I do it to other Christians. After I came to this realization, I am going to try much harder to quit judging people, quit putting myself on a pedistal, and to quit comparing myself to other people. I hope this can help someone else because it definitely helped me!

No comments:

Post a Comment