Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Blessed beyond our circumstances

Sorry for the late update, but I haven't gained or lost anymore weight this week. I am at a plateau and it can be due to either the fact that I've skipped my workout 3 days in a row or the fact that I have not been doing very well with the diet again. Which I have to admit I'm happy that I haven't gained anything since I did skip 3 days in a row of my workout. We accidently did an extra week of phase 2 and we are now onto the ab and recovery week. We haven't started on our "recovery" yet so hopefully I will get my booty in gear tonight and get back on track with my workout.

On another note, we're still fully relying on God to show us what the next move is as far as Pat having a job. He's gone on several interviews but nothing promising. It's either a lot of work for VERY little pay (as in less than I make at Sams) or it is conflicting with our school schedule. I know a lot of people think he should just take whatever comes along, but at the same time, I believe that we serve a mighty God and he's not going to put Pat into another job that he absolutely hates. His last job turned him into a completely different person. He has always been the kind of person that could go to work, deal with crap all day long, but at the end of the day he left it at work, he never brought it home (as in a bad mood, negative attitude, whatever). His last job was not like that at all. It caused him to be sick all the time, he always seemed like he was grumpy and he just wasn't himself. Since he has been out of work (the beginning of February) his attitudes is MUCH better, and I believe that God gave us this time to reconnect as a family, to focus on our Creator and to just spend some time together with God. Yes financially it has been hard but God has provided for us in every way we've needed and I know that He will continue to provide as long as we have faith in him. I truly believe in Luke 17:6 "He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you." God wants us to have faith that he will take care of us, and as scary as it may seem that we don't know what our future holds, my trust and my strength is in Jesus and what he has promised. Jeremiah 29:11 says, " For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." God sees the big picture, even if we can't see it we have to trust that He is leading us in the right direction. I will admit that there are times that I freak out about not having enough money for our bills, but then I remember this verse: Phillippians 4:19 "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." God will supply our NEEDS, not wants, according to HIS riches. Everything is in God's timing and I have to remind myself to be patient and calmly wait for God to lead us! Once I realize these truths, I feel much more at peace and much more calm and secure in our situation.

On a completely different note, one of my best friends is in labor right now and I am so anxious to find out if she's having a boy or a girl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment