Wednesday, January 1, 2014

YIKES...

So I totally slacked on the days of thankfulness in November.  Here we are, at the beginning of a new year where everyone makes resolutions that typically are given up on about 2 weeks into the new year.

As most of you know, I fell on Christmas Eve and REALLY hurt my foot.  I am just now starting to really be able to walk without a walker.  Before that, I was planning on walking daily as we now have a treadmill in our room along with eating better and cutting out soda.  All of these things together are goals for the new year.  I thought I'd jump on the resolution bandwagon and so here it goes:

1. I am going to quit drinking soda for an entire year.  Water, milk, tea, and juice will be my drinks of choice.
2. I want to run a 5k all the way through by September 30, 2014.  I am going to start walking on the treadmill once my foot is healed and gradually work my way up to running.
3. I am going to focus on eating smaller portions and making wiser choices in the foods I put into my body.  I have a HUGE sweet tooth so this is going to be difficult for me.
4. I want to spend more time with my kids sans electronics.  Whether it's playing games, coloring, making things, I want them to know that I love them and love spending time with them more than I love my computer and phone.
5. I want to lose 50 lbs between 1/1/14 and 12/31/14.

I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful 2014!  I am looking forward to GREAT things this year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment