Thursday, April 4, 2024

Ever have a plan and things don't go according to it?  That has been the course for this year for our family.  I decided that this year I was going to keep a "blessing jar" which basically has one strip of paper for every week of the year.  I've forced myself to think of at least one good thing that we're grateful for every week.  If you've read my previous blog posts you'd know it's not been the easiest task but yet we're striving forward.  

I am beyond grateful that I started walking with Jesus when I was 18.  It's not always been easy or the "popular/fun" thing to do but I'm thankful that I also have friends that are Jesus followers.  They're encouraging, pray for us, are standing with us through the highs and lows of life.  One of the things I am most grateful for is that God gives us peace beyond our understanding (Philippians 4:7).  Throughout all of our circumstances and everything that's happened through our marriage and personal lives, I've always found comfort and peace that cannot be explained to others.  Right now, Pat and I are both without a job but I am thankful that God promises to work together all things for good for those that believe (Romans 8:28).  Change is almost always scary but it it always brings about growth.  We don't have to fear change because God doesn't give us a spirit of fear.  In fact the Bible tells us to "fear not" 365 times in the Bible.  That is one for every day of the year and I don't believe that is a coincidence.  Now that our kids are older and understand what is happening, I pray that their faith is strengthened and they never have to question that God always takes care of us.  Even if it's not exactly how we thought or expected, his ways are always better than ours.  Sometimes he has to give us a little nudge to get us out of our comfort zone in order for us to grow into what he has planned for us. This song (actually a lot of hers) help me to not focus on our circumstances but on God and what he's done before and he's the same yesterday, today and forever.  

Lauren Daigle

This same thing happened to Pat and I when the kids were really little.  God provided then and we're trusting and have faith that He will do it again.

"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" (Matthew 6:26-27 ESV)

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." (Matthew 6:34)

No comments:

Post a Comment