Saturday, February 19, 2022

Many times when I come here to "blog" it's more of me just putting down on paper the ramblings that are in my head.  A couple things that came to my mind this past week: 

FIRST:

People like to tell me things.  I guess I'm a good listener without interjecting my opinions unless asked.  I'm a good "secret keeper".  I've always been one of those people that can be standing in line at the grocery store or somewhere and people feel inclined to tell me their life story.  For me this sometimes causes me anxiety because I tend to put myself in other's shoes quite often and I can feel their pain.  Ask anyone that knows me, I cry in almost every movie (sometimes even commercials).  I just feel for others deeply I guess.  I've always considered this annoying or embarrassing that I tend to cry when others cry.  The older I get I realize it's honestly a blessing.  I feel like I can connect with people on a deeper level than most. Also if you know me, you know that I'm not an extrovert.  I am more extroverted when I'm around people I know but it is very draining for me.  I really enjoy my alone time and my downtime at home with just my family.  

SECOND:

I really despise when people are fake.  Be real with me, I'm not here to judge you but I would love to know the REAL you.  If you tell me you're going to do something, then do it.  If you want real friendships, meaningful friendships you have to be vulnerable and real.  A lot of times I think as humans and especially women we want people to think of us a certain way so we tend to be fake or try to be who others want us to be.  I was talking to someone recently and he mentioned that one of the things he loves about Alaina is that she doesn't change who she is to try to fit in with anyone.  She's herself 100% of the time.  I've always loved her ability to include others and reach out to those who are feeling left out.  I had friends like that growing up and it was VITAL for me since I was so extremely shy.  Whether this statement about her is true or not (I don't know what she's like when she's with just her friends) I loved that he said it.  I told Alaina and I told her how proud I am of her for being like that, especially as a teenager.  Middle school is tough, everyone's trying to fit in and figure out who they are.  Stay true to yourself and let your yes be yes and your no be no.  Don't be afraid to set boundaries and stick to them.  It may hurt other people's feelings but it's important for your own peace of mind.  On the Flipside, it took me almost 35 years to figure out who I am, what I like, etc.  I love when people are genuine.  I am a people-pleaser at my core and it took me a long time to figure out who I am.  I was always so worried about what other people thought of me and trying my best to fit in that I never took the time to figure out who I was.  I know when I was younger my mom used to tell me that she could tell who I had been hanging around by the way I acted.  You are the company you keep and if you're not mindful about being yourself you'll end up being someone you were never made to be.  

THIRD:

Actions speak louder than words.  Pat can tell me all day that he loves me but honestly it's the little things he does that show me that he loves me and knows me that really speak to me.  When he cleans the kitchen after dinner or goes to the store for me on the way home from practice when he's already tired.  Pretty much every morning he goes and gets a soda from the gas station and asks if I want anything or just surprises me and brings something home for me.  If you love someone you naturally want to spend time with them, be with them, talk to them, etc.  It doesn't make sense to me to have a relationship if you're not willing to put in the effort and time that the other person deserves.  As we get older, especially with our friendships I know I don't get to talk to some of my friends as much as I'd like to but with others I make it a priority to have "girls days" and catch up, hang out, even if we don't have anything set in stone to do just being together laughing and chatting is refreshing for the soul.  As for a romantic type relationship I've never been interested in one if the other person is always too busy to hang out or doesn't want to be around me, just doesn't make sense to me.  This kind of took a weird turn but in general put your words into actions and see the different results you get ;)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment